Limited Re-opening from 22 June 2020
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh (‘May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you’),
Since our message last week, we have continued to monitor both local and national safety advice and will be reopening the Masjid from tomorrow on a limited basis to allow members of the community to offer their prayers in the house of Allah.
In order to prioritise your safety, the Masjid will only open for a period of 30 minutes for each prayer. This will be overseen and monitored by Masjid officials to ensure all safety guidelines are being adhered to.
The Masjid will be open between the following times:
Fajr: 3.45am to 4.15am
Dhuhr: 1.45pm to 2.15pm*
Asr: 6.45pm to 7.15pm
Maghrib: 9.25pm to 9.55pm
Isha: 10.55pm to 11.25pm
*With the exception of Fridays due to our live broadcast, when we encourage you all to pray in congregation at home with your families
We have deep cleaned all carpets and surfaces, and marked individual prayer spaces maintaining at least a 2-metre distance in all directions. You will need to place your left foot on the marking in the prayer area you are allocated. Additionally, the following measures have been put in place:
- The wudu (ablution) facilities are closed, so you will need to wash at home before you come to the Masjid;
- You must be wearing a protective mask before you enter the Masjid and keep this on at all times while inside the Masjid;
- You must bring your own prayer mat and take it with you when you leave;
- You must bring your own bag to place your shoes in and keep this next to you while you pray – taking the bag with you when you leave;
- A one-way system is in place, so you will enter using the main entrance and leave via the fire exit at the front of the prayer hall;
- Upon completing your prayer, please immediately leave and do not congregate with others – remember to keep a 2-metre distance between yourselves and others at all times;
- Only a limited number of people will be allowed in at any one time, so please be patient if you are asked to wait before being able to enter;
- Brothers only at this time and no children under 10 years old;
- No chairs will be available during this limited opening period.
Please ensure you follow the above requirements, as entry will not otherwise be permitted. If you are feeling unwell or are showing any symptoms, please do not come to the Masjid and instead stay home.
We will continue to monitor government and local health advice, and will update you should any change be made to the above arrangements or requirements.
JazakAllah khair in advance for your patience, understanding and co-operation.
We look forward to seeing you next week InshaaAllah.